[Histonet] Specimen Collection

Elaine efodo57 <@t> charter.net
Thu Jul 7 14:12:22 CDT 2011

You DO have to tell physicians exactly how to collect specimens. They
know how to do their job but they have no idea how we do ours, even if
they did a rotation thru pathology. Sometimes, you may have to tell them
each time they want to send a specimen if they don't do it routinely. We
still have staff that call each time they need to send a muscle bx even
though they've been told numerous times and have received written
instructions.
Don't think of it as telling them how to do their job, but rather
consider it good patient care for wanting to make sure it's done right
the first time.

Elaine