[Histonet] RE: Tissue Cassette Printer Recommendations

Rodriguez, Arnold ARodriguez <@t> emc.org
Thu Jul 7 15:06:58 CDT 2011

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was also told that the Sakura and
Leica printers are the same. Speed of printing is close to the top of
our least, so thank you for that bit of information as well.

Have a wonderful day.

Arnold Rodriguez, HT (ASCP)

Supervisor Anatomic Pathology

Eisenhower Medical Center

________________________________

From: CHRISTIE GOWAN [mailto:christiegowan <@t> msn.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 10:22 AM
To: jweems <@t> sjha.org; Rodriguez, Arnold;
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Tissue Cassette Printer Recommendations

 The Sakura and the Leica are the same system as they share a patent
(this is what I am told). We use the Leica IPC for our cassettes and we
have the Vantage system. We did a demo of the Thermo printer but were
not happy with the speed and the fact that we would need to change who
we order cassettes from. We did change the color of our routine
cassettes from blue to white as the white scanned better at the vantage
stations. We still use blue but only for autopsy cases. We use the
Vantage system at the printer to scan in the patient bar code, choose a
hopper with the color we want and hit print all. So far it has worked
quite well.
Christie Gowan
cgowan <@t> uabmc.edu