[Histonet] RE: Tissue Cassette Printer Recommendations

CHRISTIE GOWAN christiegowan <@t> msn.com
Thu Jul 7 12:21:51 CDT 2011

 The Sakura and the Leica are the same system as they share a patent (this is what I am told). We use the Leica IPC for our cassettes and we have the Vantage system. We did a demo of the Thermo printer but were not happy with the speed and the fact that we would need to change who we order cassettes from. We did change the color of our routine cassettes from blue to white as the white scanned better at the vantage stations. We still use blue but only for autopsy cases. We use the Vantage system at the printer to scan in the patient bar code, choose a hopper with the color we want and hit print all. So far it has worked quite well.
Christie Gowan
cgowan <@t> uabmc.edu