[Histonet] Routine H & E stain,

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 09:44:35 CDT 2011

It seems that your mounting medium is acid. Try to correct that rather than changing the staining.
René J.

--- On Thu, 7/7/11, amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com <amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com> wrote:

From: amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com <amitapandey <@t> torrentpharma.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Routine H & E stain,
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>, histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu, "histonet" <histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2011, 12:22 AM

Hello Histonetters,

I am from toxicopathology lab where we perform H&E on rat tissues and
store these slides for 10 long years.

We use self lab prepare Harris hematoxylin (Hematoxylin crystal+Alcohol+
Ammonium alum +D/W and Mercuric oxide for ripening) and 1% aqueous eosin.
The staining result is good (Purplish pink look stained slide) on all
tissue, but  our observation is after 5-6 months time this get faded and
become towards pinkish type though we can observe the slide.
We want to retain its fresh stained color.

Please suggest me how to keep stable stain for longer period or do you
suggest to switch to any other type of haematoxylin - prepared or
commercially available?

Looking forward for your feed back.
Amita