[Histonet] Isopropyl alcohol

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 10:58:56 CDT 2011

First of all, if you recycle correctly your 2-propanol there is no objective reason why you cannot use it in your MW processor, unless your provider wants you to buy your 2-propanol from them.
René J.

--- On Tue, 7/5/11, histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com <histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com> wrote:

From: histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com <histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Isopropyl alcohol
To: "Histonet <@t> Lists. Utsouthwestern. Edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Tuesday, July 5, 2011, 10:42 AM

We recycle our isopropyl alcohol. We have been told by our microwave manufacturer that we cannot use the recycled alcohol on the microwave processor.

As a result, I am trying to find additional uses for the recycled isopropyl.  Is there any reason why I can't use the iso in place of ethanol when running the slides down to water on the H&E stainer?

Any others uses?

Any input is greatly appreciated!  :o)

Michelle