[Histonet] Consult Fees for IHC

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 09:40:15 CST 2011

Joe:
There is sort of a "standard" payment that almost all universities use of $3000/5 days week.
This represents about $75/hour and at that rate is how most consultants work.
IF they ask you for your SS number then they will issue you (at the end of the year) the correspondent IRS Form.
I have never had any problems with that, you will just add that income to your 1040 Form and at the end your tax deduction will be very small.
You do not have to give away your knowledge, just make sure they get their moneys worth!
René J.

--- On Wed, 1/19/11, Joe Nocito <jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com> wrote:

From: Joe Nocito <jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Consult Fees for IHC
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 5:58 PM

Greetings histo land,
Hope everyone is having a great New Year. I have been asked to consult on IHC to a local firm. They asked me what my fees are. I told them we can talk about that later. I have no idea what to charge these people. I want to be fair, but I don't want to give this knowledge away (an y'all thought that this was just a petty face). Any ideas for the Texas area. This would be telephone and on site consulting for a research firm. Thanks in advance.

Joe