[Histonet] RE: Caspase

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Wed Jan 19 10:28:36 CST 2011

I cc'd (is that a word?) the histonet for you.  If you ever want to pose
a question to everyone email: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu.

PPE: Of course everyone has different levels of PPE to be worn, but I
think the standard rule is...
Gloves
Lab Coat
Mask (especially if cutting frozen lung tissue, it could have TB)
Eye Wear
You have to remember you need all of this because once the tissue hits
room temperature it is basically fresh unfixed tissue again.
I have cut frozen sections with no mask before and it was all ok, but I
always wore one with lung frozens.
Good Luck, hope this helped

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist