[Histonet] CAP #ANP.21382 Reagent Expiration Date.

Akemi Allison akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 16:07:14 CST 2011

Hi Everyone in Histoland!
Happy Hump day!  I have 2 questions to ask you.  The CAP "#ANP.21382 Reagent
Expiration Date", Evidence of compliance requires a written policy for
evaluating reagents lacking manufacturer's expiration date.

I worked in the Biotech arena for several years in R&D and manufacturing.  We
had procedures which were in compliance to GLP and manufacturing standards.
These policies were much more rigid than for AP departments, who adher to CAP
requirements.

Would any of you kind people like to share a copy of your written policy with
me.  I would be forever grateful!

Second question: How do you address powder dyes, and chemicals in crystalin and
powder form, which are extremely old and do not have an expiration date?  What
is your criteria for passing of failing these chemicals and dyes?  Do you
visually inspect these chemicals and dyes on an annual basis, and if they look
fine, give it another year for a visual check with next years date, or do you
send them out to a company for analysis to see if they past required
specifications???  That would be pretty costly!

If anyone has a written procedure for this I would love to see it too!

Akemi
Akemi Allison BS, HT(ASCP)HTL

E-Mail: akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com