[Histonet] Job opening for a Histology Manager at HealthTronics in
Augusta, GA 30901
adam.smith <@t> adeccona.com
Thu Jan 6 12:10:25 CST 2011
Hello, my name is Adam, I am a recruiter at Adecco Medical & Science and I have an opening for a Histology Manager in Augusta, GA 30901. This position will fill quickly so if you are interested please reach out to me as soon as you can. I have listed the job description and required qualifications about the position below. If you are not interested please feel free to pass this email along to anyone who may like to apply for this position. I look forward to speaking with you
Please send me 2 - 3 professional references and an updated resume
Position title: Histology Manager
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Augusta, GA 30901
Hours: 1st shift
Reports to the Director of Laboratory Operations and is responsible for coordinating and directing activities of assigned section and subordinates engaged in performing routine and non-routine histology procedures. In doing so, ensures quality and quantity standards relating to the delivery of laboratory services are achieved by assuring results.
-Knowledge of Science and Mathematics normally acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree.
-Active/current certification as a Histotechnologist (HT or HTL) by the Board of Registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists is required.
-Five years experience as an HTIII to include 2 years of management experience or 3-5 years experience as an HTIII and completion of internal manager training program, or equivalent work experience in a pathology lab setting.
SUMMARY OF PURPOSE:
Reports to the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for coordinating and directing activities of assigned section and subordinates engaged in performing routine and non-routine histology procedures. In doing so, ensures quality and quantity standards relating to the delivery of laboratory services are achieved by assuring results.
1. In collaboration with the Laboratory Manager plans, coordinates, monitors and oversees work of assigned section and subordinate personnel engaged in performing histology procedures needed to obtain data for disease diagnosis and treatment.
2. Accomplishes, or effectively recommends the following:
* Prepares schedules to assure adequate coverage.
* Assigns work
* Counsels employees on work or working relationships
* Arranges and/or conducts job training, continuing education.
* Approves time worked
* Completes employee orientation for assigned section.
* Interviews, hires, and evaluates the performance of and, when necessary, disciplines and discharges subordinate supervisory personnel.
* Approves hiring and, when necessary, discharge recommendations of subordinate personnel and assists in resolving complex employee relations matters.
3. Ensures all technical procedures are performed correctly. Procedures with higher priority are completed first, equipment has proper maintenance performed and kept in good working order.
4. Reviews and evaluates new products, equipment.
5. Evaluates and implements new procedures as necessary.
6. Makes supply decisions with sufficient accuracy so no supplies run out or remains beyond the expiration date.
7. Responsible for daily quality control and quality assurance to include establishing training and maintaining Q.C. and Q.A protocol with subordinate staff.
8. Coordinates monthly QA and QC data.
9. Ensures that laboratory section meets all safety and other regulatory requirements.
10. Effectively manages technical aspects of hospital accounts
11. Gathers information and carries through to completion assigned projects while adhering to established time frames.
12. Prepares periodic reports as necessary.
13. Assures activities of assigned section are coordinated to insure quality patient care and economics of operation.
14. Participates in continuing education as required.
15. Consults with LIS Administrator to troubleshoot LIS problems and enhancements.
16. Participates in the development of assigned section and department wide policies and procedures.
17. Maintains all section records relating to operation such as quality control and productivity statistics, incident reports and the like.
18. Reviews and summarizes records and prepares reports for management review.
19. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with physicians and various other Healthtronics employees.
20. Provides advice and direction to subordinates for technical problems encountered. Explains and demonstrates appropriate techniques or methods as necessary.
21. Performs routine procedures in achieving workload demands.
22. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of expertise.
23. Performs other duties as assigned
Education and formal training:
Knowledge of Science and Mathematics normally acquired through completion of an Associate's Degree.
Active/current certification as a Histotechnologist (HT or HTL) by the Board of Registry of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists is required.
1. Five years experience as an HTIII to include 2 years of management experience or 3-5 years experience as an HTIII and completion of internal manager training program, or equivalent work experience in a pathology lab setting.
2. Analytical skills necessary in order to participate in planning of department activities provide input into purchase of equipment, and so forth.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to coordinate activities of various units within the department, exchange information with vendors, and so forth.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone, e-mail and in person with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
5. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
6. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
7. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
8. Requires ability to handle irate customers, good judgment on tough decisions, and ability to resolve complex situations
1. Occasional walking, standing, bending and reaching when filing, photocopying, etc.
2. Light lifting of under 50 pounds on an infrequent basis.
3. There is a moderate potential for skin, eye, mucous membrane, non-intact skin or parenteral contact with potentially infectious materials or chemicals may result from the performance of an employee's regular duties.
4. Repetitive wrist motion when performing microtomy procedures.
Medical & Science recruiting specialist
Adecco Medical & Science
2235 South Clinton Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
Toll Free: 866.217.3454
adam.smith <@t> adeccona.com<mailto:adam.smith <@t> adeccona.com>
Visit us @ www.adeccousa.com<http://www.adeccona.com/> | www.ajilonconsulting.com<http://www.ajilonconsulting.com/> | Apply Here Today!<http://www.adeccousa.com/Pages/PassiveApply.aspx>
More information about the Histonet