[Histonet] Billing question

Drew Meyer 41dmb41 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 11:39:44 CST 2011

Hey Joyce,

My understanding has always been that if the pathologist specifically
mentions the stain in the report, then it's OK to charge all the fees.
However, if the pathologist chooses to leave any mention of the stain/immuno
in the report, then you can't bill for it.  So if the pathologist mentions a
specific stain was done, but that the findings were negative, you can still
charge.  In the case of an exhausted tumor, I think the ultimate discretion
comes to whether or not the pathologist chooses to mention it in the
report.  That's just from my experience, but I would love to hear how others
are handling instances such as these, too!

Drew