[Histonet] Clarification of MUSC HTL Program
Geils, Karen Brinker
brinkerk <@t> musc.edu
Tue Jan 4 13:05:12 CST 2011
Just for further clarification, the MUSC HTL program culminates in a post-baccalaureate certificate. The prerequisites are as follows:
1. Applicants must have a bachelor of science degree in biology, chemistry, microbiology, or related science field from an accredited college or university which includes:
* At least 30 semester hours of biology and chemistry courses (including microbiology course and immunology content, anatomy and physiology),
* One semester of organic chemistry (or biochemistry), and
* Three semester hours of college algebra or higher-level math.
2. A grade point average of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) on all college work and an average of at least 2.75 on all science courses are required for consideration.
Karen Brinker Geils, MS, HT(ASCP), CT(ASCP)
Director, Histotechnology Program
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Medical University of South Carolina
More information about the Histonet