[Histonet] Re: custom-made polyclonal antibody doesn't stain

Johnson, Teri TJJ <@t> stowers.org
Tue Jan 4 12:45:30 CST 2011

Barbara,

I see your antibody was purified by the manufacturer already so I don't think it would be useful to purify it again. It sounds as though it's not a good antibody yet. How did the company test it, by elisa? Since your western and IP shows no specific staining, I'm not all that encouraged this antibody will be useful for IHC studies.

Maybe someone with more experience with this than me will chime in here. We did some testing of custom antibodies for one of our PIs and never got anything useful for her experiments. Others here have had great luck with theirs.

~Teri