[Histonet] Manual Coverslipping Safety Issues

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Tue Jan 4 11:38:44 CST 2011

This was back in the late 80's early 90's but I put together a proposal
for a coverslipper at the institution that I worked at.  I combined,
increase in workload statistics, the time it took for the techs to
coverslip verses the time it took for an automated coverslipper,
improved efficiency and overall quality, and then I also added exposure
to xylene into the mix and it worked.

I do not think that you could do it on safety alone - unless you have
data that supports over exposure to xylene fumes.  I think you will need
to add how it would improve efficiency and overall quality too.

Good Luck

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC