[Histonet] custom-made polyclonal antibody doesn't stain

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Tue Jan 4 08:45:33 CST 2011

I have done this (or tried to do this) as well and almost ended up bald
from ripping out my hair!!  My first suggestion would be to try to get
down to a 1/25 or 1/50 dilution.  If the background starts to get too
high then try blocking the Fc region.  You can buy commercially
available Fc blockers.  I also tried conjugating the antibody with HRP
which seemed to help some as well.
Good Luck!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist