[Histonet] Question from LIS vendor

Rathborne, Toni trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com
Fri Feb 25 07:40:57 CST 2011

Yes. After the final report is signed out, any changes, additions, or corrections have to be put through as an addendum. This becomes part of the patient's permanent record.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of William
Shipley
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:27 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Question from LIS vendor

Hi, guys, I represent an LIS vendor in the clinical environment.  We have a
number of customers doing histology on our system, although it's primarily
clinical in design.  As we keep getting nudged in this direction, I've
signed on to sort of 'soak up' the background.  I've learned more about
stains than I knew was possible already!

One of our largest customers is in Malaysia and is doing a rather large
amount of histology reports in addition to chemistry and hematology.  During
an inspection, an issue came up that we are trying to learn about.  They
took exception to the ability to alter a histology report once it had been
'finaled'.  We've been told that it was unacceptable to even correct
spelling errors and that any subsequent reporting had to be a separate
report referring to the original.

Is that practice in the US?  I would have expected to have heard about it
before.  Can someone help me out?

William Shipley
Schuyler House

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Somerset Medical Center
and are intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in this
message is confidential and may contain privileged, confidential,
proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or
exemption from disclosure under applicable law.  Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error
by e-mail or you may call Somerset Medical Center's computer Help Desk
at 908-685-2200, ext. 4050.

Be sure to visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site -
www.somersetmedicalcenter.com - for the most up-to-date news,
event listings, health information and more.