[Histonet] cdj

Pamela Marcum mucram11 <@t> comcast.net
Thu Feb 24 17:46:47 CST 2011

The CDC website can tell you exactly what to do with a CJD case and it will surprise you.

Pam Marcum

UAMS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kimberly K Marshall" <kkmarshall <@t> anthc.org>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:06:53 PM
Subject: [Histonet] cdj

Hello everyone

  We recently recieved a case possible positive for CJD.  In researching
this we have found that they now say Formalin is BAD.  As long as I have
been a Histo tech it seems the rules were Formalin then Formic acid.
But seems there are some studies saying this is no longer enough.  Is
there anyone out there that has changed and if so What are you doing
now???

Thanks in advance