[Histonet] cdj

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Thu Feb 24 16:42:46 CST 2011

Ahhh!!  Everytime I hear those letters I have flash backs to my hospital
days!!  Stupid mad cow disease!!

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100
Austin, Texas  78744
(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Marshall, Kimberly K
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:07 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] cdj

Hello everyone

  We recently recieved a case possible positive for CJD.  In researching
this we have found that they now say Formalin is BAD.  As long as I have
been a Histo tech it seems the rules were Formalin then Formic acid.
But seems there are some studies saying this is no longer enough.  Is
there anyone out there that has changed and if so What are you doing
now???

Thanks in advance