[Histonet] p16 protocol for VMS instruments

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Thu Feb 24 12:20:05 CST 2011

For another method that works on Ventana XTs and BenchMarks:

BD antibody (cat.#: 550834), 1:10, mild CC1, 32 " incubation @ 42
degrees, Hem II/8"

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
DB1-223 VAH
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mark
Turner
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:14 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Several of you have asked that I share our protocol for the P16 on the
Ventana XT.  I apologize for the delay, but here is what we have worked
up and it performs well in our lab:

CC1 Standard
Antibody incubation @ 37 degrees C. for 28 minutes
Amplification
Hematoxylin counterstain 4 minutes
Bluing Reagent 4 minutes

We place the commercial antibody from the CINtec kit in a prep kit and
use it as an RTU.

Mark A. Turner, Ph.D. HT (ASCP) QIHC  |  Test Development Team Lead |
Department of Laboratory  Medicine and Pathology |  480-301-8026 |  Fax:
480-301-8372  | turner.mark <@t> mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic in Arizona  |  13400 E. Shea Blvd.  |  Scottsdale, AZ 85259