[Histonet] use of destained sections in IHC?

Walter Benton wbenton <@t> cua.md
Wed Feb 23 14:00:16 CST 2011

It will work and if you are performing antigen retrieval then you won't need to decolorize the slide, just rehydrate and perform per you usual protocol.

Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 126
(All Deliveries to Suite 127)
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
443-471-5850 (Direct)
410-768-5961 (Lab)
410-768-5965 (Fax)
wbenton <@t> cua.md
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Robin Dean [robin_dean <@t> compbio.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:43 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] use of destained sections in IHC?

Hi all,

Is it possible to de-stain H&E stained  paraffin sections and re-use them
for IHC staining??? Does anything special have to be done? Will it only work
for some epitopes/stains? Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this? I
am being asked to do this and don't want to waste my time if it won't work.
I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have

Thank you,

Robin

Robin R. Dean, Ph.D.

Senior Scientist & Study Director