[Histonet] Exam Prep

Johnson, Nacaela Nacaela.Johnson <@t> USONCOLOGY.COM
Wed Feb 16 10:23:52 CST 2011

I just used the Freida Carson Histotechnology A Self-Instructional Test.

Thanks,

Nacaela Johnson, HTL (ASCP)
Histotechnologist
KCCC Pathology
12000 110th St., Ste. 400
Overland Park, KS 66210
Office:  913-234-0576
Fax:  913-433-7639
Email:  Nacaela.Johnson <@t> USOncology.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
caymanfleck <@t> gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 10:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Exam Prep

Hello Histoland,

I'm preparing for the HTL exam after being trained on-the-job and
working in histo for a few years.  I'm using the standard 'Theory and
practice...' text as my main resource.  I'm wondering if anyone has used
either the ASCP practice tests (a set of 5 are available from ascp for
about $30) or the NSH Self-assessment Program (which has modules that
correspond to the exam sections).  The NSH program is expensive at about
$240 but I don't know if it's worth it.  Has anyone used either of these
resources?

Thanks!