[Histonet] Wage question for Wisconsin

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 09:25:27 CST 2011

Michael,

ASCP has a wage/salary survey that they distribute based upon region and
certification.  Some have said that this is biased as not everyone does
participate.  I tend to agree with the survey, but also recognize that
dermatopathology is a 'specialty' type lab.  I worked in Dermpath at NYU
back in the 80's to early 90's and our salaries were not identical to the
clinical labs as we were a part of the medical school and not the hospital.
Yes the hospital was 1199 at that time, I cannot say if they are still.

My recommendation is to go with what you can find from the survey, but also
network with other dermpath or other specialty labs in your area that you
may know or who you can connect with through others - either on the
listserver or off - to possibly get a better sounding of salaries.  HR at
your hospital might be also able to help if you have someone there that you
can work with and trust to obtain some of the data you're looking for and
understands what your specific needs are within the lab.  I would include
your pathologists in this as much as possible as they will be needed to
support your request(s) as they are essentially your clients.

Vikki

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Michael Hillmer <mhillmer <@t> dermwisconsin.com