[Histonet] Benchmark Problems

Dessoye, Michael J mjdessoye <@t> wvhcs.org
Tue Feb 15 10:49:32 CST 2011

Thank you everyone for the helpful replies and info.

I followed everyone's suggestions while waiting for service and didn't see any significant improvement.  Once the service tech took everything apart he found the nozzle that controls dispensing of the bulk reagents was partially clogged causing the bulk reagents to be dispensed unevenly (usually totally off the slide!)  Things straightened out afterwards.

Thanks again everyone!
Mike Dessoye

________________________________

From: Mark Tarango [mailto:marktarango <@t> gmail.com]
Sent: Wed 2/9/2011 11:58 AM
To: Dessoye, Michael J
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Benchmark Problems

Hi Mike,

Did you wash the bottles and rinse them and then pump the water through the instrument before adding reagents and purging all again?  We had a problem like this about 2 weeks ago.  I think someone loaded the wrong bulk reagent onto the instrument.  Cleaning it, purging with water and adding newly made bulk reagents fixed the problem for us.

Mark