[Histonet] H&E stain uneven

Molinari, Betsy BMolinari <@t> heart.thi.tmc.edu
Mon Feb 14 05:54:11 CST 2011

I had this problem awhile back. Did you change your solvent for deparaffinization? I changed from xylene to another solvent and realized I had to extend the time my slides were in it.
Betsy Molinari HT(ASCP)
Texas Heart Institue
Cardiovascular Pathology
1101 Bates Street
Houston, TX 77030
832-355-6524 (lab)
832-355-6812 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Madeline Gi
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 12:44 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] H&E stain uneven

Hello everyone in the histology world, I have a problem with my H&E stain this just started and I am not sure why.  Can someone tell me how does a routine H&E stain unevenly?  I am currently using Gill III I run it down as usual this routine worked well from months and now it is uneven any suggestion would be greatly appreciated….

Madeline Rotger Milanese H.T. BSHCS
500 New Hempstead Rd.
New City N.Y. 10965
845-362-3200 Ext 129