[Histonet] CAP question ANP.22970

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Sat Feb 12 10:20:05 CST 2011

Here's an excellent reference -  Ross JS: "Saving Lives with Accurate HER2 Testing" Am J Clin Pathol  2010;134:183-184.

I quote, "A number of experts in the field have now agreed that a laboratory performing HER2 testing in the US patient population should have a HER2+ rate of approximately "16%" with a range of 12% to 20%."

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax

>>> Martha Ward <mward <@t> wfubmc.edu> 2/1/2011 12:57 PM >>>
We are having our inspection this spring and I am working to get all our procedures, etc. ready.  I am having trouble finding benchmark information for comparison for HER2 to comply with this question - ..."the laboratory at least annually compares its patient results with published benchmarks,"....   We are using the Dako Herceptest.  I spoke with Dako tech services and they did not have any information.   What are other labs using for a benchmark.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Martha Ward, MT (ASCP) QIHC
Assistant Manager
Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Dept. of Pathology
Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
Winston-Salem, NC 27157
336-716-2104