[Histonet] Decal Solution for Bone Marrows

Gervaip <@t> aol.com Gervaip <@t> aol.com
Fri Feb 11 21:02:53 CST 2011

I neglected to say that the iron stain does not work well on decaled
specimens.  We perform iron stains on bone marrow clots and smears .

In a message dated 2/11/2011 2:11:23 P.M. Central Standard Time,
trathborne <@t> somerset-healthcare.com writes:

Decalcifier  II from Surgipath.

-----Original Message-----
From:  histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On  Behalf Of Marcia
Fisher
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 2:07 PM
To:  histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Decal Solution for  Bone Marrows

I would be most interested in finding out what other  labs are using to
decal the bone marrow biopsy cores.  The current  decal solution we are
using is too strong and affecting the Fe stains and  some IHC stains.
The decal solution we use for regular bone is great.   Routinely we decal
the core for one hour.  We tried 45 minutes but the  cores are still too
crunchy.  And I prefer not to face off the block  and float on 5% HCl for
20 minutes.  Thanking you in  advance.

M. Fisher

El Centro Regional Medical  Center

ECRMC Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is for the  sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and  privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or  distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, PLEASE  contact the sender and promptly
destroy this e-mail and its  attachments.

CONFIDENTIALITY  NOTICE
This message and any included attachments are from Somerset Medical  Center
and are intended only for the addressee.  The information  contained in this
message is confidential and may contain privileged,  confidential,
proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to  protection and/or
exemption from disclosure under applicable law.   Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such  information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are  not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the  sender of the delivery error
by e-mail or you may call Somerset Medical  Center's computer Help Desk
at 908-685-2200, ext. 4050.

Be sure to  visit Somerset Medical Center's Web site -
www.somersetmedicalcenter.com -  for the most up-to-date news,
event listings, health information and  more.