[Histonet] saliva for glycogen hydrolysis

Matt Brooks mbrooks <@t> incytepathology.com
Fri Feb 11 16:58:56 CST 2011

Room Temperature for 10-15 minutes and wash well with DI H2O after.

Matt Brooks, BS, HT (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
InCyte Pathology
mbrooks <@t> incytepathology.com
509-892-2744

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Monfils,
Paul
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 2:42 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] saliva for glycogen hydrolysis

Those who use human saliva rather than diastase - for how long do you
apply the saliva?  At what temperature?  Do you cover the saliva and
section with a coverslip during treatment?  I used to do this many years
ago, but have been using diastase for so long now that I don't remember
the particulars of the saliva method, and few books seem to provide that
information.  Thanks.