[Histonet] H&E stain uneven

Mighnon Lashus MLashus <@t> pathgroup.com
Fri Feb 11 12:52:04 CST 2011

Have you checked the temperature of the heater used to dry you slides?  We ran into this problem a couple of years ago and the temp of the oven was too high.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Madeline Gi
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 1:44 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] H&E stain uneven

Hello everyone in the histology world, I have a problem with my H&E stain this just started and I am not sure why.  Can someone tell me how does a routine H&E stain unevenly?  I am currently using Gill III I run it down as usual this routine worked well from months and now it is uneven any suggestion would be greatly appreciated….

Madeline Rotger Milanese H.T. BSHCS
500 New Hempstead Rd.
New City N.Y. 10965
845-362-3200 Ext 129