[Histonet] Help with OCT problem

Reynolds,Donna M dreynold <@t> mdanderson.org
Thu Feb 10 13:38:43 CST 2011

Has anyone ever experienced OCT blocks that cut like they are soft. I have turned the cyrostat down 10 degrees lower than usual and they are still soft. Really weird part is that I have 20 blocks in this group and some are soft and others are just fine. Tried changing angle, new blade nothing helps. When I finally manage to get a decent section and pick it up on the slide, the OCT around the tissue want even pick up smooth it wrinkles really bad.
I tried just a block of OCT that I froze on a chuck and it cut great.  I am clueless as to what is going on.
Samples were frozen by someone else and brought to me to be cut.
Donna Reynolds Core IHC Lab
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston TX
Research lab
713-192-8106.