[Histonet] DAB haematoxylin counterstain; too purple, overpowering IHC

Maxim Peshkov Maxim_71 <@t> mail.ru
Sat Dec 17 11:01:15 CST 2011

Megan,
Your contersain DAB protocol has two weak point:
1- ammonia water. I used instead ammonia wash buffer
(Tris-EDTA). It is very good and soft for IHC sections.
2- your blueing time is very short.
Please try after 20-30 sec in hematoxyline dip for 1-3
mins slides into wash buffer, then finish as usual and
you will see clear and crisp counterstain.
If hematoxyline will be to much, then you can
differentiate it in 0.25% HCl 5-10-15 dips, then wash
buffer.
Hope this help.
Maxim Peshkov,
Russia,