[Histonet] (no subject)

McMahon, Loralee A Loralee_Mcmahon <@t> URMC.Rochester.edu
Thu Dec 15 10:00:48 CST 2011

I have tried without much success.  Leica (novacastra) has an antibody.
I have been told that it is not the antibody that is bad that it is the tissue that doesn't always show positivity.
We tested many biopsies that were serum positive for HepC but the immuno was negative.

If you get anything to work.  Please let me know.

Loralee McMahon, HTL (ASCP)
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Strong Memorial Hospital
Department of Surgical Pathology
(585) 275-7210
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Freeman, Carol [Carol.Freeman <@t> utoledo.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:43 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Good Morning HistoWorld,  I am looking for a lab that runs Hepatitis C
antibody by Immunohistochemistry.  We have autopsy tissue we would like
run, so research use only or ASR is fine.  Any leads would be greatly
appreciated.  The only lab I found was in Pakistan and I was hoping to
keep it a bit more local if possible and I really don't want to have to
order and validate the antibody for one test.

Carol E. Freeman HTL (ASCP) B.S.
Department of Pathology
University of Toledo Medical Center
3000 Arlington Avenue