[Histonet] Marking pens coming off cassettes

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 11:34:57 CST 2011

It could be the pens or something in the cassettes. Check if something about the cassettes or how they are kept has changed.
Any possibility of any type of oily solution mixed with the NBF?
René J.

--- On Fri, 12/9/11, Jessica Piche <jpgrock37 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Jessica Piche <jpgrock37 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet] Marking pens coming off cassettes
To: "Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Friday, December 9, 2011, 12:25 PM

Hey All!
We have been having problems with our marking pens (Secureline/Superfrost). We have two processors, an old VIP and a Thermo Excelsior. The pens seems to smudge on both machines, but especially on the VIP. We tried some sample pens from other companies and they too have smudged. Any ideas whats going on?
Thanks,

Jessica Piche-Grocki, HT(ASCP)
Waterbury Hospital