[Histonet] For H&E staining - TBS SHUR/Stain or Leica Autostainer XL

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 08:46:24 CST 2011

You can dewax and hydrate your immunos much easier: use a 2% aq. vol:vol solution of dishwasher soap followed by tap and distilled water. As simple as that!
The method has been tested and validated for immunos and is standard procedure of some labs. If you want I can provide you with copies of these tests. René J.

--- On Fri, 12/2/11, Michelle MacVeigh-Aloni <macveigh <@t> usc.edu> wrote:

From: Michelle MacVeigh-Aloni <macveigh <@t> usc.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] For H&E staining - TBS SHUR/Stain or Leica Autostainer XL
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: Friday, December 2, 2011, 7:37 PM

I have and love my old Autostainer XL.

Now we are offered a new TBS SHUR/Stain unit, which is attractively small,
but I have never used nor seen it in person.

We are a small University based lab and our space is limited. We rarely run
few racks at a time. However, we must be able to run only deparaffination
and only dehydration for our immunos.

If any one has experience with the TBS unit, or even better, used both of
them, please let me know what do you think.

I would appreciate this very much

Michelle