[Histonet] Re:peggy wenk comments on HT/HTL practical - To stick a Pin

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Wed Aug 31 14:11:19 CDT 2011

But, to take the test you need an affidavit from the pathologist that you worked in the histology lab for at least a year. So something fishy there...

Tim Morken

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Pam Marcum
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:54 AM
To: Emily Sours
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Re:peggy wenk comments on HT/HTL practical - To stick a Pin

I will clarify.  This person worked in the gross room as a PA and decided he wanted an HT.  So he watched over the shoulders of the histologists and learned enough to see the basics and then studied for the exam without ever cutting or staining a slide in Histology.  His theory was - I cut frozens and do H&Es it won't be hard to pass a test with no practical and no one is checking to really see what I know besides what I learned in books and through acquiring testing examples so why not.  Guess what it was enough and he has an HT now.  I don't believe he has ever worked in the field as he is gone now and somewhere out of state.

Pam