[Histonet] Mice embryo cryocuts

Mehlika Faire mehlikafaire <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:28:57 CDT 2011

Sorry for the  repost- forgot to include everyone else.

Do you fix the embryos pior to sectioning? or post fix? Usually I place my embryos in 30% sucrose over night in the 4 degree (or until they float to the top-this also depends on the age/size of the embryos) and I fix them in 4% PFA for 1 hr to overnight, depending on the age of the embryo or what the type of treatment for IHC (antigen retrieval w/ trypsin or dnase the embryos requires longer fixation).  Then I embed them and section.  I haven't had any problems with this method. Hope this helps you out.-Mehlika