[Histonet] RE: Humidity in Histology Lab

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer <@t> mdanderson.org
Tue Aug 30 15:37:52 CDT 2011

Jill,
Try a dehumidifier set up in the lab.  The facilities division of your company should have one or they can purchase it for no more than a couple hundred dollars.  Depending on the size of your lab you may need more than one.  It has to stay on 24/7 to really make a difference.  I had two in a lab where I worked once, and it really helped with the coverslips.  Remember to empty them frequently so that they will not shut off.

Toysha N. Mayer, MBA, HT (ASCP)
Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
MD Anderson Cancer Center
(713) 563-3481
tnmayer <@t> mdanderson.org

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:08:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jill Cox <jcox90 <@t> yahoo.com>
Subject: [Histonet]
To: "Histonet <@t> Lists. Edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Hi Histonetters!
I am having humidity issues in a new lab in Long Beach Ca. It's 68% humidity inside lab. I have my own a/c system and have tried all settings including the dry setting. I had level down to 52% then it went back up. Is there something I can do to control this? I'm new to this area so don't know if humidity is year round or seasonal. What are you all using or doing if you have this problem? Thank you in advance, Jill

Jill Cox, HT ASCP