[Histonet] RE: Humidity in Histology Lab

Rick T. gonavy2003 <@t> gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:21:01 CDT 2011

Jill,
When I lived in Missouri humidity was a BIG issue.  There are some
inexpensive portable dehumidifiers that can be purchased, they have sort of
a "thermostat" you can set to maintain a certain level of humidity.  They
are noisy though, we ran ours max setting at night and turned off during the
day.  Depends on the lab size as to what type and expense of dehumidifier
you will need.  Check out this website:  http://www.simplydehumidifiers.com/
it's a good start.
Also, some of my friends in MO tried plants that reduce humidity, the
results are unknown.  Check them out at
http://www.ehow.com/list_5925724_house-plants-reduce-humidity-levels.html

Rick T.