[Histonet] peggy wenk comments on HT/HTL practical

Heath, Nancy L. NHeath <@t> Lifespan.org
Tue Aug 30 10:36:36 CDT 2011

I totally agree Sarah :)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
sdysart <@t> mirnarx.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:30 AM
To: histotech <@t> imagesbyhopper.com; joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu; madary <@t> verizon.net
Subject: RE: [Histonet] peggy wenk comments on HT/HTL practical

I have been required to cut slides at every job interview I have ever
been to.  I think this is good practice to follow because if you know
what you are doing you should be fine and have no worries.  If you are a
book tech and have no practical experience then you should not be hired
over someone who does.  I think the practical should come back as part
of the exam!!  I had to do it...when you cut 900 slides to get 9 that
are perfect, you learn a thing or two on how to modify yourself to be
better!!
Just my two cents =)

Sarah Goebel-Dysart, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist