[Histonet] lot to lot

Patti Loykasek ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com
Mon Aug 29 11:40:26 CDT 2011

I know different people do lot to lot checks in various ways. We use concentrated antibodies, and so we like to do a 'sandwich' titer check on the new lot using our usual tissue control tissue. For example, if the last CD20 lot was at 1:100 we would check the new lot at 1:50, 1:100, 1:200 using tonsil tissues & our standard SOPs. I did have 1 inspector tell me they thought that was unnecessary. It's our preference to do 3 titers & assess the maximum performance in one fell swoop. Our detection lot to lot check is completely different. We check 8-10 different antibodies using our standard control tissue with the new detection lot. we use antibodies with a variety of cellular expressions to assess cytoplasmic, membranous & nuclear expression. We make sure to include some of our 'fussy' antibodies. Of course we have SOPs & forms to go along with this.
Call me crazy - I prefer to think of it as meticulous & dedicated! We have had a couple of problems with detections over the years.
Just my 2 cents.

Patti Ann Loykasek HTL, QIHC
PhenoPath Laboratories