[Histonet] Scorched tissue

Tammy Pickles Tammy.Pickles <@t> inspection.gc.ca
Tue Aug 16 12:16:17 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out with some processing issues that our lab has been having. We recently have been having reagent contamination issues with alcohol and xylene, where our tissues are soft and cloudy after processing. It seems that the reagent valves on the processor were not operating properly. We changed all reagents after each processing run (we were waiting for replacement parts and needed to continue processing) this seemed to work but then we noticed an additional artifact. The outer cell layer (all tissue types) appears scorched, this does not appear throughout the tissue only on the outer edge.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this artifact and how they resolved the issue? Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated!

Tammy