[Histonet] potassium hydroxide/reprocessing for nails

John & Jen Campbell jjcampbell14 <@t> att.net
Thu Aug 11 10:49:01 CDT 2011

Hi all,
  I was told to use potassium hydroxide to soften an already processed nail I am removing the paraffin from the tissue right now (xylene, followed by EtOH). My questions are:
1)How long should the nail remain in KOH-test it periodically?
2) If I do not plan on reprocessing the tissue til tomorrow, can the nail remain in KOH overnight or shld I transfer it to a diff solution, and if so, what would that be.
3)  What times in each of the graded alcohols, xylenes and paraffin do u recommend for hand-reprocessing. I've done this before but do not recall the times for each.
Thank you so much in advance!
Jennifer