[Histonet] Decalcification of bone

Adam . anonwums1 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 06:26:44 CDT 2011

Hi Rachael,

I work with mouse bones on a regular basis, and I assure you that they are
incredibly difficult to work with, but with practice you can get decent
sections. It would be useful if you gave us a bit more information. What
kind of bones are you decalcifying? How are they fixed? How are you
currently decalcifying? Are you paraffin embedding or cutting frozen
sections? What is exactly happening when you're cutting the bones that gives
you poor quality? What is your end goal (IHC, IF, H&E)?

Adam