[Histonet] Sterilized cassette

Brandi Farris brandihisto <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:46:25 CDT 2011

My OR department is wanting a small biopsy cassette that they can sterilize, be in the sterile field and place small biopsy specimens directly into a cassette before placing in formalin. We've had a problem with small biopsies dissolving/disappearing in telfa pads. We can't seem to find a cassette that the manufacture approves to be sterilized. I have a sample of a metal biopsy cassette, but the lid closure is questionable. I'm having trouble thinking "out of the box" on this problem. I've never had an OR request this before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Brandi
Capital Region Medical Center
Jefferson City, MO