[Histonet] Immuno. confusion

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:45:08 CDT 2011

Hi,
    Well... almost any point before DAB. You wouldn't want to put it in
after the HRP conjugated secondary because that would quench the HRP signal
you are actually looking for leaving you nothing for the DAB to precipitate
on. On the other hand you certainly do not *need* to do it after the HIER as
it will work just fine before it or even after the primary antibody
(assuming it isn't HRP conjugated). Actually we have had the best results on
CD4 if the H2O2 is done prior to the HIER. The H2O2 in this case actually
affects the epitope if you do it after HIER. If it does that with CD4, I
assume it is likely to do so with other finicky epitopes.

Have a nice day,
Amos