[Histonet] RE: Biopsy Run

Tony Henwood AnthonyH <@t> chw.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 18:49:41 CDT 2011

Increase the fixation time. If they are small biopsies (otherwise why would you be putting them in mesh cassettes), you could easily reduce the processing time to 30 minutes (eg 4 alcohols, 2-3 xylenes, 2-3 waxes)

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Laboratory Manager & Senior Scientist
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Marshall, Kimberly K
Sent: Wednesday, 27 April 2011 10:21 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Biopsy Run

Morning and Happy Hump day Histo peeps

  Hope everyone is having a fun filled Lab Week, Here is Alaska we are eating more than usual...

  Just need to ask one more question regarding my evil "nuclear artifact".  We have decided it is a processing issue due to the type of cassettes we use.  In cutting down the processing time, the reagents are not able to get through the mesh on the cassettes.  I have ordered other kinds but due to limited funds (cant get a new labeler) and even with the special pens for writing on cassettes and slides the hand written numbers are fading, I cant use them.  My next thought is to lengthen my biopsy run.  Would you folks out there share your biopsy run times with me?  I don't want to go back to having the over processing issues with the biopsies that occur in the 12 hour, but maybe adding time would help here.

 Thanks in advance and again hope everyone is having a great Lab week.

Kim

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message and any attachments are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of The Children's Hospital at Westmead

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, The Childrens Hospital at Westmead accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing computer viruses.