[Histonet] Problem with IMEB

sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com sgoebel <@t> mirnarx.com
Wed Apr 27 13:09:43 CDT 2011

I have had excellent luck and service with them.  Call Denise deVines she is super nice and helpful =)

Sarah Goebel, BA, HT(ASCP)
Histotechnologist
Mirna Therapeutics
2150 Woodward Street
Suite 100
Austin, Texas  78744
(512)901-0900 ext. 6912

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sheila Haas
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:32 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Problem with IMEB

Hi all.
Has anyone had difficulties in purchasing refurbished equipment from IMEB?
I have been trying to purchase a T2000 ThinPrep processor and sent 50% payment
with net due in 30 days. This transaction started about a month ago and they've
had our partial payment for more than 3 weeks but had not shipped the
instrument. I've repeatedly called to get the status of shipment but have gotten
the run around with checking our credit references. This transaction has left a
very bad taste in our mouths so I proceeded to request our payment back and
cancel the order yesterday. Now, IMEB says they'll return our deposit minus a
20% restocking fee for an item that never even left their facility.

I was surprised to hear of this from IMEB given I'd heard they were a reputable
company. My opinion has definetly changed! Just wondered if anyone else has
had a similar experience with them???

Thanks for lending an ear (or many).

Sheila Haas
Laboratory Supervisor