[Histonet] S100 primary antibody suitable for frozen sections?

Della Speranza, Vinnie dellav <@t> musc.edu
Tue Apr 26 16:24:07 CDT 2011

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has discovered an S100 primary antibody that is confirmed to work on frozen sections using a conventional IHC stain protocol. This will be utilized in a busy Mohs Surgery laboratory where staining time must be kept as brief as possible.

The commercially available antibodies I've seen for this antigen are intended for FFPE tissues and initial attempts to adapt them to frozen sections have been unsuccessful.

our surgeons prefer to avoid post fixation prior to staining although I'm willing to re-visit this if it is my only option.

 Thank you everyone.

Vinnie Della Speranza
Manager for Anatomic Pathology Services
Medical University of South Carolina