[Histonet] How to keep paraffin sections from sticking to blade/blade holder.

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 14:26:18 CDT 2011

1- change cutting angle
2- keep the blade holder clean (without paraffin)
3- make sure the blade is not blunt
René J.

--- On Thu, 4/21/11, Clough, Bret <Clough <@t> medicine.tamhsc.edu> wrote:

From: Clough, Bret <Clough <@t> medicine.tamhsc.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] How to keep paraffin sections from sticking to blade/blade holder.
To: "Histonet list serv." <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Date: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 3:07 PM

While sectioning paraffin embedded tissue on a rotary  microtome I noticed the sections sticking to the blade holder and bunching up. What do I need to do so that my section come off the blade in a ribbon? Please note that this is my first time in sectioning tissue and this is a learning exercise  for me.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions .

Bret