[Histonet] cyto prep

Nancy Schmitt nancy_schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Thu Apr 21 12:05:22 CDT 2011

Hi Cindy-

We have cyto prep/lab asst. position that performs pap and non-gyn preparation.  Cytotechs screen and HPVs are sent out.

Nancy Schmitt HT, MLT(ASCP)
Dubuque, IA

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:51:35 -0400
From: "Cynthia Pyse" <cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com>
Subject: [Histonet] cyto prep
To: "'Histonet'" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>

Good Morning Histonetters

For those of you who have pap smears in their facility's, who do you have
preparing the pap smears. Lab assistants, lab tech, or lab technologists? I
am having a discussion with my general manager on who can prep pap smears. I
decided to take a quick poll to see what everyone else is doing. The lab is
in NYS so we fall under their guidelines, which I have checked. Just want as
much info as possible from as many sources as I can. Thanks in advance for
the responses.

Cindy Pyse, CLT, HT (ASCP)

Laboratory/Histology Supervisor

X-Cell Laboratories

716-250-9235 ext. 232

e-mail cpyse <@t> x-celllab.com

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.