[Histonet] in-situ hybridization

Bales, Candy A Candy.A.Bales <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Tue Apr 19 11:51:30 CDT 2011

This questions is for the labs that do in-situ hybridization for diagnostic purposes. Do you take slides for ISH from other labs and if so, please contact me via my email.

My next question is; one of my doc's is interested in us doing ISH herein our lab but I have been putting her off with the fact that we do not need this very often, it is very expensive to start up, etc.
But she is persistent. Any suggestions for starting up this procedure, including vendor preferences for supplies? I know next to nothing about ISH other than what I have read on-line.

Thank you in advance
Candy

Candy Bales, HT
Chief Histologist
The University  of Texas Dental Branch at Houston
Diagnostic Sciences-Oral Pathology
6516 M.D. Anderson Blvd. # 3.093
Houston, TX 77030
713.500.4411 office