[Histonet] Von kossa stain

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:41:54 CDT 2011

I purchase a kit from Dorn and Hart Microedge and use sodium carbonate-formaldehyde solution to chemically develop.

Stain in silver nitrate for 5 min in the dark, 3 fresh DI rinses for 1 min each in the dark, then sodium carbonate-formaldehyde solution for 2 min in the dark, 2 fresh DI rinses (normal light) for 1 min each, 30 seconds in Farmer's Diminisher (Sodium thiosulfate-potassium ferricyanide soluiton to stop reaction) and a running tap water rinse for 10 min.

Jack